Thursday, May 20, 2010

Shin Splint

So I finally went to see the doctor about my left leg and it turned out that the inner part of my leg, my tibial bone started cracking a bit. But it's the width of a hair strand so I'll be ok (: I just need to stay off of it for a week and NOT DANCE or do anything physical. T.T

What are shin splints?
Shin splints are injuries to the front of the outer leg. While the exact injury is not known, shin splints seem to result from inflammation from injury to the tendon (posterior peroneal tendon) and adjacent tissues in the front of the outer leg.

Shin splints represent one member of a group of injuries called "overuse injuries." Shin splints occur most commonly in runners or aggressive walkers.

1 comment:

  1. oooh shin splits i had that too when i was in soccer. i get them when i run hills

    ReplyDelete